Identifiers such as variable names and function names in source code are important information to understand code. The way of naming for identifiers and the length of identifiers affects on code understandability, and thus, it is guessed that they affects on software quality. In this study, we investigate the relationship between the length of identifiers and software faults in a software module. The results show that there is a certain relationship between the length of identifier and existence of software faults.
- O. Mizuno, N. Kawashima, and K. Kawamoto, "Fault-Prone Module Prediction Approaches Using Identifiers in Source Code," ACIS International Journal of Software Innovation, 3(1), pp. 36-49, January 2015.
- N. Kawashima and O. Mizuno, "Predicting Fault-Prone Modules by Word Occurrence in Identifiers," In Proc. of 12th International Conference on Software Engineering Research, Management and Applications (SERA2014), Studies in Computational Intelligence , 578, pp. 87-98, August 2014.
- Naoki, Osamu, "識別子中の単語情報を用いた Fault-prone モジュール予測," ソフトウェアシンポジウム2014論文集, pp. 72-80, June 2014.
- Naoki, "識別子中の単語情報を用いたFault-proneモジュール予測手法の提案," 卒業研究報告書, 京都工芸繊維大学, February 2014.
- Rin, "Topic Analysis of Developer’s Commitments from the Viewpoint of Bug Injection," Master thesis, 京都工芸繊維大学大学院工芸科学研究科, 2014.