We intend to assess the improvements of Gerrit. The central
concern is “Does Rietveld evolve into Gerrit as the developers intended?” To answer
this question, we first compare qualitative features of two code review tools. We
then conducted an interview with a developer of Gerrit and obtained the developer’s
original intention of improvements in Gerrit. By analyzing mined data from code
review logs, we try to explain the effects of improvements quantitatively. The result
of analysis showed us that the improvements of Gerrit that the developer is expected
are not observed explicitly.
- O. Mizuno and J. Liang, "Analysis of a Code Review Tool Evolution-- a Case Study of Rietveld to Gerrit --," ACIS International Journal of Software Innovation, 3(1), pp. 16-35, January 2015.
- O. Mizuno and J. Liang, "Does a Code Review Tool Evolve as the Developer Intended?," In Proc. of 12th International Conference on Software Engineering Research, Management and Applications (SERA2014), Studies in Computational Intelligence, 578, pp. 59-74, August 2014.
- J. Liang, "A Comparison and Analysis of Modern Code Review in Open Source Software Projects," Master thesis, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kyoto Institute of Technology, 2013.
- J. Liang and O. Mizuno, "Analyzing Involvements of Reviewers Through Mining a Code Review Repository," In Proc. of the Joint Conference of the 21th International Workshop on Software Measurement and the 6th International Conference on Software Process and Product Measurement (IWSM/MENSURA2011), pp. 126-132, November 2011.
- JunWei, Osamu, "オープンソースソフトウェアのコードレビューにおけるレビュアーの活動の分析," 平成23年度情報処理学会関西支部大会講演論文集, B-01, September 2011.